Booking and enrolment interview for diploma, award and certificate courses
For all diploma, award and certificate courses, once your booking form has been processed you will be invited to an enrolment interview via telephone, Skype or in person at the college. During your interview, or as a result of your interview, you will need to present a form of ID – either you driver’s licence or passport. You may be asked to complete a brief assessment questionnaire to enable the College identify your level of knowledge before you start your course.
Course Fees for diploma, award and certificate courses
You are required to pay a course deposit after confirmation of your booking following your enrolment interview. An invoice including methods of payment will be emailed to you and once your deposit has been received your place is secured. Course fees must be paid in full at least 2 weeks prior to the commencement of training if a payment plan is not in place. Payment plans are available for diploma, award and certificate courses which will have been discussed in at the enrolment interview. Due to the limited number of learners per group, course fees are non-refundable after the course has started.
The fee includes:
- Examination registration where applicable;
- Assessment and marking;
- The course work books, student support booklet, record of achievement book
- Equipment/products for use during your training in clinic;
- The provision of clients for clinic sessions
- Teas and coffee
- Insurance whilst working IN CLINIC
- Tutor advice and support during no contact hours
What is not included:
- Insurance where you practice on other people outside the college. There are a number options available to you listed below. Each association has differing options and we suggest you research and chose the one that best suits your needs.
- The Association of Reflexologists (AOR), a student membership to the AOR for one year is £36.00 – see full details www.aor.org.uk/student-membership-application
- The Federation Holistic Therapists (FHT),a student membership to the Federation of £24.99 for the year - see for full details www.fht.org.uk/student
- Complementary Therapists Association (CThA), £33.00 - for full details got to www.ctha.com/Benefit-Insurance/
- Text books that may be recommend on specific courses
- Equipment and product for case studies/home use
- Food, travel, parking and accommodation expenses
- Uniforms, these will be orders by the college following your induction day. The cost is the region of £25 to £35
- Replacement of record of achievement book
- Exam re-sit fees. The College will cover the cost of one exam re-sit fee but further re-sits will incur cost.
- Name change on certificates after student registration with awarding bodies
- Replacement certificates
Short Course Fees
For short courses, once your booking has been processed, you will be send an email confirming your place together with invoice. The full cost of the course needs to be paid in full before the start of your course. Your place on the course cannot be guaranteed until your payment has been received
Cancelling a booking
Cancellations for short courses will not be refunded but you may be given the option of attending the next course if there is one running and there are places available. However, in extenuating circumstances, the College may, at its discretion, issue a refund.
Cancellations for diploma, award and certificate courses need to be in writing and provided you have given 30 days’ notice you will a 50% refund of the fees paid at that point, or at the discretion of the college, be given the option of attending the next course.
Upon cancellation any transaction fees incurred using a debit/credit card will not be refunded.
Withdrawing from a course
If you need to withdraw from a course for any reason once it has commenced you will NOT receive any refund. However, you may be able to attend the next scheduled course. This is entirely at the college’s discretion and may be subject to additional costs.
Course cancellation by Lumière
In the unlikely event that the college needs to cancel training, we will offer you a secured place on the next course or if you cannot attend, we will offer a full refund of the fees you have paid.
Our course calendar is planned months in advance and although we endeavour to offer the training as programmed, circumstances may dictate changes therefore, Lumière College reserves the right to amend details of training and within reason venues, times and tutors.
Health and Safety
Participants are required to inform Lumière College of any medical conditions at the time of booking. Some therapies can be physically demanding and it is vital that you are fit enough to deliver these.
You also agree that during training you are happy to work on fellow students and be treated by your fellow students. This being the case, your tutors need to be aware of any medical conditions, including pregnancy, as they be contra indicated for some therapies.
It is the responsibility of the learner to check with your insurance provider before you enrol onto a course that the qualification will be accepted and cover granted. Lumière College cannot be held responsible for any insurance refusal
Students are covered to treat clients within the clinic sessions and whilst working on each other but not when working outside the college or on case studies. Students will be asked for proof of their insurance cover before being allowed to start their case.
We take reasonable steps to safeguard against theft, however, Lumière College cannot be held responsible for the loss of any personal belongs. We advise you to insure your kit and items of value on your household insurance as the college is not covered for student’s belongings. It is therefore essential that you take your belongings home at the end of the teaching day.
GDPR protection for personal information became effective as of May 2018. This Privacy Notice tells you what personal information we hold and why, and what your rights are.
Why do we hold some of your personal data?
The lawful basis under which the college holds and uses your information is the college’s legitimate interests and includes:-
a) the requirement to retain and use your personal information in order to provide you with your qualification;
b) the requirement to provide information to examining and awarding bodies such as VTCT to receive your examination papers and certificates;
c) the college’s requirement to hold your information for 7 years for the following legal reasons
a. insurance requirement where records are to be kept for 7 years after last day of attending college.
What information do we hold?
In order to meet our obligations to you as your training provider and the above legitimate reasons, the college will hold the following information:
• Name and address including home and mobile numbers
• Email address
• Date of Birth
• In some circumstances, medical information where the college needs to support you during your learning
• Insurance information
• Previous learning experience
What personal information is shared with third parties?
In order to meet our commitment to you and provide training, we will share your details with the examining or awarding body relevant to your course.
Transferring information outside the EU
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU without your consent.
Protecting Your Personal Data
Lumière College is committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, the college has put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
GDPR gives you the following rights:
• The right to be informed:
• The right of access:
• The right to rectification:
• The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”):
• The right to restrict processing of personal data:
• The right to data portability
• The right to object:
• Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dissatisfied with the response you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office; their contact details are at: www.ico.org.uk
The College’s Rights
• If you don’t agree to Lumière keeping records of information about or if you don’t allow the college to use the information in the way they need to, the college may not be able to meet its obligations to you.
• Lumière has to keep your records for a certain period as described above, which may mean that even if you ask us to erase any details about you, we may have to keep these details until after that period has passed.